2020 – Holy Falafel & Shawarma House Restaurants Ltd., Holy Falafel Restaurants Franchising Ltd. are closely monitoring the impact Covid-19 is having on the community in which we operate. As always, our number one priority is protecting the well-being of our employees and customers.
At this time, we remain open to serve you. Holy Falafel and our franchisees are taking proactive steps to help ensure the safety of our restaurant and our community in partnership with the BC Fraser Health Authority and National health authorities, and as the situation continues to evolve, so will our policies.
Covid-19 is not a foodborne illness according to the CDC. While it may be possible to become infected if an object that has the virus on it comes in contact with a person’s mouth, nose, or possibly their eyes, this is not thought to be the main way the virus spreads. Additionally, before preparing or eating food, it is important to always wash your hands with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds for general food safety.
In addition to our standard sanitation procedures, as part of Holy Falafel’s response to this virus, our restaurant teams:
- Have implemented contactless operations where possible
- Have put social distancing floor stickers/tape in place to guide customers on maintaining proper separation distance
- Are trained on physical distancing best practices behind the counter
- Have installed protective barriers at order points
- Are wearing masks and/or gloves
- Have increased the frequency of cleaning, sanitizing, and disinfection of high-touch surfaces
- Are continuing our high training standards of promoting regular and thorough handwashing and reminding our staff partners of best practices for personal hygiene
- Are increasing the use of hand sanitizer as a supplement to frequent handwashing and regular ongoing usual surface cleaning and bacterial sanitizing
Additionally, new procedures and guidelines for in-restaurant dining include:
- Closing some seating and tables to accommodate physical distancing
- More frequent cleaning of all high touch surfaces
In order to comply with provincial and national regulations, we have had to slightly adjust our operating hours. We are committed to serving you all your Holy Falafel favorites during these challenging times, and are closely monitoring all additional daily/weekly/monthly restrictions, as well as when they are able to be lifted. Unfortunately this does mean that on little notice the restaurant may dynamically be operating on even more limited hours, or may even be closed temporarily in an effort to protect the health of our people and you, our customers.
We encourage all our customers to call ahead and/or drop by for our usual fast pick-up or take out order service, as dine-in seating has been reduced.
Thank-you for your continued understanding and valued patronage. We will all get through this together.
Be kind. Be calm. Be safe. Be healthy.